This forum software has now been archived into static HTML page (i.e. it does not function as a working forum anymore, so you cannot login.)

In due course a new forum will be available to help support newer CamStudio versions.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Trouble editing avi files

edited April 2011 in Support
Ok, I am new to this but I am also completely lost with is weird for me.

I recorded a few on screen videos with CamStudio that looked great when i previewed them. Then I opened Pinnicle Studio 12 to edit them together and I couldn't find them. After searching my entire hard-drive to locate the files, I saw that they had a little lock icon on them. I didn't think much of tat until later. So I dropped the videos into the timeline and tried to play them to see if I could edit them a bit and the video ran at like 2 frames a second in Pinnicle Studios. So my question is how do unlock these videos so I can edit them or how can I format them to make them editable?

ShadeGrey

Comments

• edited April 2011
    ShadeGrey,

That sounds weird to me, too! A little lock??? (That usually means the file is in use...)

Well, start with the beginning - what operating system are you on, which version of CamStudio are you using, and how large (file size) were these videos? (If they were over 2-GB in size, they were un-useable because they had exceeded the AVI specification's top limit in file size.) What settings did you use on the "Video Options" page? (compressor, Set Keyframes Every, Capture Frames Every, and Playback Rate)

You may have recorded them as time-lapse inadvertently. You can use VirtualDub to change the playback rate of any video - see the entry on time-lapse videos at my blog or here - http://screencasttutorial.org/13/using-virtual-dub-with-time-lapse-video-recordings-65

There are new tutorials up you can watch to break-in. I'll be posting four new ones - two "fast-start" ones (for education/sales and gamers) and two on audio - fairly soon, but these should get you moving. http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=A57A11C0D77BBF9B

Terry