This forum software has now been archived into static HTML page (i.e. it does not function as a working forum anymore, so you cannot login.)

In due course a new forum will be available to help support newer CamStudio versions.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Loud static during playback

edited August 2008 in Support
I've been trying to record audio using the built in mic on my USB Logitech webcam. The audio records fine, but during playback, there will be sever spots with insanely loud static that blocks out any recorded audio. I tried using the Microsoft 3-Layer Codec (can't remember the real name) and I also downloaded and tried using Lame MP3; both to no avail. I guess what I need to know is if I have to have something set a certain way, or if I need to buy a different mic altogether. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• I don’t have a definative answer to the problem but I have experienced the same thing. My dell desktop is about 7 years old will not produce good sound. My Dell laptop is relatively new and performs perfectly. I noticed that the old computers CPU is operating at 100% during recording and I think that is the cause of the problem.