This forum software has now been archived into static HTML page (i.e. it does not function as a working forum anymore, so you cannot login.)

In due course a new forum will be available to help support newer CamStudio versions.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Lame Encoder won't install on Windows 64-bit

edited May 2011 in Support
Even though I followed the instructions to a tee (used the 64-bit version of lame), every time I open CamStudio, Lame is still not available as a choice for audio compression. What else can I try?

Comments

• edited May 2011
    msualumni,

Camstudio is a 32-bit program, so it can only use the 32-bit versions of the codecs (of any codecs, for that matter!) It is still useful to install the 64-bit versions for your media players (Windows Media Player for Win7 is 64-bit), but the 32-bit versions are necessary for all other programs that are 32-bit themselves.

Terry
  • i will try it again with 32-bit...i think i tried that first though. let me try again--thanks for your response.
  • There are a different set of instructions for 64 bit install. Open the readme file to see what you need to do.
  • I've gotten it to work using the k-lite mega codec pack installer. Try that (but resist the temptation to install all the darn codecs in there! The VFW and ACM codecs are the production codecs. BTW - the basic and standard versions of K-lite have no production codecs - that's why I am sending you to this one.

http://www.free-codecs.com/k_lite_mega_codec_pack_download.htm

Terry