This forum software has now been archived into static HTML page (i.e. it does not function as a working forum anymore, so you cannot login.)

In due course a new forum will be available to help support newer CamStudio versions.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

a weird problem I can't find on hear

edited July 2011 in Support
alright hears how it is I recently downloaded camstudio I was able to use it a little bit,but now when I drag and make the box for the video and release it the record button grays out but its not recording and the arrows in the corner don't show up and when I stop it nothing happens then when I exit out of the program a message comes up saying that it has stopped working and asks if I wanna close it, I have windows vista if that means anything I also downloaded something I heard about on hear to get it to work cause I had the problem where it wouldn't show up after downloading, incorrect side by side config. I'm sorry if I'm writing a lot I just want to give as much detail as I can anyway it was working before now its not I think it was freezing a bit earlier and I also restarted my computer

Comments

• DrakeShadow,

First, go get the latest version 2.6 r294 at Sourceforge. It solves the "side by side" issue.

Then don't drag to make the box - use fixed region - experiment till you get the right size of box, but make certain the height and width are both even numbers. This will be important later if you try to upload to YouTube and other places.

I recommend Jawor's Xvid (google it) as it has great compression and works with many upload services.

Watch the tutorial videos!

Terry
  • I tried using the fixed region with the same results,and I uninstalling and reinstalling the updated version and still got the side by side issue and I don't remember where to find the blog where they talked about that issue so I can download this update they where talking about cause that solved the side by side issue and got it to work,my oh my so Ill hold of on reinstalling it again until someone can help me out (I suck I know >_<)
  • DrakeShadow,

Really? You installed r294 and it didn't solve the problem? That's odd! Well, I've heard many people get good results just from using 2.0, so try that anyway.

Also, be certain to right-click on the installer(s) and select "Run as Administrator" to ensure it can write to the preference files and such. Vista is very finicky about that.

Terry
  • alright i got 2.0 and I ran the program as administrator and now it records but for some reason when I hit save to save the recorded vid nothing happens XD,any ideas on that?......oh and thank you for the help so far ^_^
  • hehe sorry its saving now but I am having some trouble in getting sound,Im trying get it from the speakers
  • edited August 2011
    DrakeShadow,

You will have to have the Stereo Mix option in order to record the audio from your speakers. The "Record from Speakers" option does not work on 90% of computers today. You'll have to use "Record from Microphone" and set your control panel settings to get sound from the Stereo Mix recording source. There are several references to this, and videos as well - do a search on "Stereo Mix".

Also, unless you change the location where to save your videos, they are saved by default into the program files/Camstudio folder along with the program.

Terry