This forum software has now been archived into static HTML page (i.e. it does not function as a working forum anymore, so you cannot login.)

In due course a new forum will be available to help support newer CamStudio versions.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Unable to open"****.avi"

edited August 2011 in Support
First off, let me thank you for such an awesome product!

I'm using CamSudio 2.0 with the Lossless Codec v1.4 and it was working wonderfully. Crisp clear, non laggy videos and a smile on my face. I've tried keeping the files to about 5 minutes, and since its being recorded in LAME mp3 the file size shouldn't be anywhere near 2 GB. What's wrong? Or, more likely, What am I doing wrong?

Comments

• Gigaswipe,

Are you by any chance using the checked box that says, "Use MCI to Record?" (which is what you SHOULD be doing for good sync) - if so, you have not been using LAME - MCI is the system audio - 16-bits, 44MHz sample rate (CD quality) and that would explain your large file sizes.

Terry
  • Oh! Man, I can't believe I didn't see that! Thank you very much, this solved it straight out. One little click and everything is perfect. I must have unchecked that while I was messing with the settings (bad idea). Thanks again! :)
  • Okay one more little quirk here... Is it possible to record from the speakers and the microphone? I searched the site and managed to get my speakers to work, but it has to be run through the "Record Audio from Microphone" tab.
    I had 2 microphones working before, but now only the speakers work, even with only one microphone plugged in. I can see how maybe the speakers would stand in the way of the mic, but if there is someway to have the best of both, that would be neat.
    Thanks
  • I subscribed to you on YouTube, and you solved the problem. Thanks again and sorry for the annoying pestering. :)
  • Gigaswipe,

Heh... cool! Glad you got it working! (And you are never annoying nor pestering - keep asking!)

Terry