This forum software has now been archived into static HTML page (i.e. it does not function as a working forum anymore, so you cannot login.)

In due course a new forum will be available to help support newer CamStudio versions.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Videos appear "crooked"

edited August 2011 in Support
Hi,

My Camstudio videos appear crooked. The perspective appears as if being recorded from a side angle. How can I fix this so that the videos appear like a "normal angle" screen capture?

Thanks

Comments

• Wmir,

It is because the dimensions aren't coming out even-numbered. Try using the "Fixed Region" settings instead of the selected region. A future version of CamStudio will probably "snap-to" even numbered dimensions when using the selected region tool, but for now, the easiest work-around is to use fixed regions.

Terry
  • Wmir,

By the way, I managed to repair a video that had this problem using the Crop filter in Virtual Dub - I merely cropped off one pixel to make the video even-numbered in height and width and it uploaded to YouTube just fine.

This problem came up when YouTube switched from using FLV to using MP4 formats.

Terry
  • Thanks Tbritton, I'll try that now