This forum software has now been archived into static HTML page (i.e. it does not function as a working forum anymore, so you cannot login.)

In due course a new forum will be available to help support newer CamStudio versions.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

No audio on playback

edited December 2011 in Announcements
I have camstudio 2.0 and 2.6. I can record video on both but I don't get any audio on playback from either. I've read and tried everything I could find here.

I'm using Win7 64 bit. I don't have speakers or a mic hooked up, I get my audio from my HDTV's speakers. I have stereo mix enabled and it's not muted. I have realtek audio manager, stereo mix, and camstudio set to 16 bit 44.1 khz format. I have stereo mix set as my capture device in the audio options. I've run both 2.0 and 2.6 as admin with no changes. I'm using Jawor's Xvid MPEG-4 codec. Any ideas?

Thanks

Comments

• edited January 2012
    Make certain that you have stereo mix set as the record device in Camstudio's "Options | Audio Options from Microphone" dialog. I recommend checking "Use MCI to record" as well. Then, double check your volume settings in the playback tab for your speakers. Stereo Mix requires an analog signal, I believe, but test that. In other words, you may need to select a different speaker setup if your speakers are digital. Please let me know about that - I'm only speculating on that one.

Also, see this thread about the "quality" setting in your audio:

http://camstudio.org/forum/discussion/comment/3577#Comment_3577

Terry