This forum software has now been archived into static HTML page (i.e. it does not function as a working forum anymore, so you cannot login.)

In due course a new forum will be available to help support newer CamStudio versions.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Recording audio adds hours to the video length

edited May 2012 in Support
I assume this has something to do with the audio compression, but I'm not sure how to go about fixing this. If I just record video only, everything works completely fine. However, when I go to record audio from either my microphone or speakers, the video is always much, much longer. I recorded a 9-minute gameplay video today, and after it finished compressing the audio, the video was 1 hour, 39 minutes long, with everything past 9 minutes being just a black screen with no audio.

I'm easily able to fix this by just trimming off the end of the video when I edit it, and since I save it again anyway to reduce the file size, it doesn't take any more time than it should normally. But I was wondering if there was any way to fix this, or to tell me what my problem is. My settings are as follows:

Audio Compression Format: Cyberlink MPEG 1 Layer-3
Attributes: 64 kBit/s, 22,050 Hz, Stereo, 7 kB/sec (only option available)

Recording format: 22.05 kHz, stereo, 16-bit
Interleave every 1 frame

Comments

• edited May 2012
    For short videos like that, use MCI to record - watch the videos referenced in the sticky posts at the top concerning audio/video sync to understand why, or read the article on that at http://screencasttutorial.org

Use Xvid (or Jawor's Xvid, my favorite flavor) for the video, then convert to MPEG-4 custom with Any Video Converter so it will play well in any media player.

Terry