This forum software has now been archived into static HTML page (i.e. it does not function as a working forum anymore, so you cannot login.)

In due course a new forum will be available to help support newer CamStudio versions.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Recording Game and Skype (Edit: and Steam)

I've just started using Camstudio (v2.6 r294) and adjusted my audio settings (using the "Stereo Mix" method) to record both my voice and Minecraft's game sounds, which works great when I'm playing solo.
But when I was in a Skype call, everyone in the call could hear everything I'm doing in-game; I was wondering if anyone knows a way to still record the call/in-game sounds and my microphone without anyone else hearing it, except me.

Comments

• Nelsonngyn0,

You'd have to set Skype to "listen" to a different source in its Options/Sound Settings area, if such a different source is available (which it should be).

Terry
  • edited May 2012
    Thank you:-D , I see I was making Skype 'listen" to the stereo mix, I just changed it to the microphone itself. Camstudio should still record me and the people in my call, right? :/
  • Nelsonngyn0,

Yep - the Skype settings are conveniently independent of the other system settings!

Terry
  • edited May 2012
    I wondered if Steam would have the same problem so checked this morning and it seems looks like it would have the same problem, but to change it to my microphone, I have to change the default device to the microphone from stereo mix. How do I fix this?
  • Nelsonngyn0,

I don't know! Sorry! Perhaps use the "Listen" trick mentioned in my video at YouTube for Windows 7?

Terry
  • Thanks anyways,
    maybe that could be fixed in the next release ;)
  • Nelsonngyn0,

You must be referring to the next release of Windows, right??? :-)

Darn archaic audio mixer they give us - why have we put up with this garbage for so many years???

Terry
  • Hopefully not only fixed in the next Windows, but another service package or patch would be nice

Because nobody really complained and many found ways around it :-D (some people like I don't know... you)
  • Nelsonngyn0,

heh... well, we do what we gotta do, eh? :-)

Terry