This forum software has now been archived into static HTML page (i.e. it does not function as a working forum anymore, so you cannot login.)

In due course a new forum will be available to help support newer CamStudio versions.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

the application has failed to starty because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect

I installed Camstudio on Windows7 64 and received an error, "the application has failed to starty because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect", when I tried to run the recorder. At first I was confused and then after looking up the error I realized I needed to install a C++ component.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-pictures/error-the-application-has-failed-to-start-because/df019c0d-746e-42d0-ad68-465e18e3f3ef

I installed this: Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86) on my Windows 7 64 bit machine. I had also tried the (x64) version but that didn't work...I assume because the software is built for non-64 bit processors.

I was originally going to post asking how to fix this error but now I am good to go I think.

Comments