Due to continual spamming, forum registrations are now by Invitation Only. Hopefully this will be only a temporary measure to combat spammers.
If you want an invitation contact forumapplication @ camstudio . org
Sorry for the inconvenience.
Using CamStudio Recorder v2.7.4, performed recording in AVI mode, but it is saved as .wav file
Using CamStudio Recorder v2.7.4, performed recording in AVI mode, but it is saved as .wav file.
File size is 4GB.
Referring the discussions, I tried to convert .wav to .avi using VirtualDub-1.10.4, but not completely successful.
Only few seconds of the content records got converted from .wav to .avi, and that too the content converted was in between the recording. So not sure how VirtualDub-1.10.4 performed action.
Following is what I have done using VirtualDub-1.10.4.
1. downloaded VirtualDub-1.10.4
2. opened VirtualDub tool
3. from the tool, using the active option to OPEN VIDEO FILE, in that file open window, checked "ask extended options after this dialog"
4. in the next dialog, checked the first option - "re-derive key frame flags"
5. And the .wav file got opened
6. After opening, it processed for a while to reconstruct and gave a warnings message as "Index not found or damaged - reconstructing via file scan" & "invalid chunk detected at 2056, enabling aggressive recovery mode", so clicked OK button
And what I see is only few seconds of recording got converted from .wav to .avi
So, I am looking for a better tool (if any) to resolve this, can you kindly suggest any better tool or process to convert the 4GB .wav to .avi
Thanks in advance.