This forum software has now been archived into static HTML page (i.e. it does not function as a working forum anymore, so you cannot login.)

In due course a new forum will be available to help support newer CamStudio versions.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

A open source screen recorder for games

edited July 2009 in Support
Taksi can record games but not the sound. But CamStudio can record sound. I am planning to do the best screen recorder program for games based on CamStudio and Taksi. What do you think about it? If the developer of CamStudio read this: Are I allowed to use the source to make my own screen recorder? I will ask the developer of Taksi also.

Comments

• If an application's code is released under an open-source license, then you are allowed to create a modified version of it.

If the source code for both apps is released under the same license, it will be easy to "merge" them together - where you will come into trouble, is trying to merge two apps released under different open source licenses.

Make sure you do your homework.

Cheers

Nick :o)
  • It is different open source licenses: GPL and BSD License.. :( It was a stupid idea anyway, I can nothing about advanced programming! :P But maybe someday I can modify CamStudio to record games! :D