This forum software has now been archived into static HTML page (i.e. it does not function as a working forum anymore, so you cannot login.)

In due course a new forum will be available to help support newer CamStudio versions.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

2 Black & Annoying Stripes

edited June 2012 in Support
Hi, I'm new to CamStudio for only 6 months now, and I've made a few Youtube vids. All of them come out with 2 black vertical stripes on both sides that I can't get rid of. Assistance anyone ?!
I'm recording at 1280X720 screen res; I'm using v2.6 r294 and my settings are - 30/40/25; I'm using Xvid MPEG-4 Codec; I'm running Win 7 Home Premium on an Asus laptop whose native screen res is 1366X768; I'm using 'full screen' recording [but the same outcome on 'region' with 1280X720 screen size].
I prepared a neat screen capture PNG for you to see but am not able to attach it :-(
Any ideas ?!

Comments

• LFWebIM,

Do not use Full Screen, then. Set the Fixed Region setting to 1280X720 explicitly - I'm figuring YouTube does not believe it is getting HD or something. Got a sample to share? You can upload screen grabs to a service like Screencast.com and share the link here.

All your other settings are right on target.

Terry