This forum software has now been archived into static HTML page (i.e. it does not function as a working forum anymore, so you cannot login.)

In due course a new forum will be available to help support newer CamStudio versions.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Recording lag

edited June 2012 in Support
Let me begin by saying I'm a long time computer nerd and have no success trying numerous things with this issue. I am stumped :(

I got CS installed and recorded 2x 1 hour videos of myself playing poker. 1st was xvid with audio, the other was lossless w/o audio. No problems with recording/playback and why would there be there's so little movement that I might as well be recording a still image =p

The next video I record goes smoothly for about 7-8 minutes then there's a bit of lag which turns into fairly serious lag so I end up sitting out in games, missing hands, etc. I attempt numerous other videos with the same result. Proceed to try everything I can think of / can google to no avail. I even try recording at 5fps/noaudio and it still gets this sick lag even though it's far from stressing my computer.

Thanks guys. Any/all ideas and longshots are welcome lol

Comments

• tomodak,

Streaming video, I take it? It may be the new Flash version is screwing up, stealing the entire processor away from CamStudio, but I have no way of knowing for sure. Try creating a video with the CamStudio recording window visible and see if the numbers freeze in that dialog, or if it is only the streaming video content that freezes.

Terry