This forum software has now been archived into static HTML page (i.e. it does not function as a working forum anymore, so you cannot login.)

In due course a new forum will be available to help support newer CamStudio versions.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Actual Input Rate at 3 - 4 fps, no system lag or high resource use?

edited August 2012 in Support
I've been trying to record with a number of settings and compressions and frame rates, but no matter what I do the actual input rate stays at 3 - 4 fps.
There is no lagging, no performance hit, it just stays around there. I use my computer for gaming and run just about everything so its not a matter of power,
I'm running Windows 7 (64-bit)
I'm using a nVidia GTX 260 factory overclocked.
E2500 @ 3Ghz
8GB DDR2 RAM

I've tried altering the frame rate manually and auto, setting to max and my preferred minimum (24 fps) does nothing, I've tried playing with the key frames, the capture every # milliseconds setting, the lot, but I just cant get a higher fps.
audio is recorded perfectly, but the recording is useless when its 4 fps, it might as well be a bunch of stills.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated,
Thank you in advanced,
Bombshell

Comments

• bombshell93,

First, use Jawor's Xvid. It enjoys very good capture rates. http://jawormat.republika.pl/xvid.html

Try these settings:

Set Keyframes Every 25 frames (this controls how often a full window frame is captured. The other 24 frames only capture changes/movement)

Capture Frames Every 40 milliseconds

Playback Rate 25 fps.

You cannot use 24 fps because we need numbers that when multiplied by the capture frames every setting sum to 1000 to hold sync. Use MCI to record or PCM 16-bit, 44.1kHz.

Alternately try:

SKE 40
    CFE 25
    PBR 40

or

SKE 50
    CFE 20
    PBR 50

Let me know how this works out.

To really push your system hard to see what the maximum you can accomplish is, use these settings:

SKE 20
    CFE 5
    PBR 200

That will push your processor as hard as possible. Not practical, of course, but can be used and then convert the video to PBR that is more in range with normal settings using Any-Video-Converter http://www.any-video-converter.com/products/for_video_free/

Terry
  • Hi Terry,
    I just downloaded the free any-video-converter but I can't seem to maintain the HD 720 resolution with any of the offered conversion formats - it seems dominated by junky custom phone formats now.