This forum software has now been archived into static HTML page (i.e. it does not function as a working forum anymore, so you cannot login.)

In due course a new forum will be available to help support newer CamStudio versions.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Compiling CamStudio 2.5 Beta 1 Source Code?

edited January 2008 in Support
Hi everyone,
I have been trying to compile CamStudio 2.5 b1 source code and I get a lot of errors. Is anyone else having similar problems? Do you know how to properly compile the source code without error? I have been trying to compile it using Visual Studio 2005 Full version. I really appreciate your help.
Thanks,
katz99

Comments

• ghosty1212 do you know to compile camstudio 2.5? I see you are on the dev team so I am assuming you have been able to compile it successfully?
    Thanks,
    katz99
  • Yeah, sorry it took me so long to respond. Pfft. School. Anyways, I use Bloodshed-- find it at: http://www.bloodshed.net/devcpp.html
    There are lots of errors in the Source code, (I know, one of the things I'm working on is removing the errors themselves). I don't like Visual Studio as it's way to hard to work with-- it doesn't let you work with the program even though the software has the bugs. Anyways, try bloodshed, you should like your output. Good Luck.
  • Hi,
    Its been a while but I still haven't been able to succeessfully compile Camstudio 2.5b1. I am using Dev-C++ 4.9.9.2 and I go to File->Import->Import MS Visual C++ Project->vscap
    When I try to compile it, Dev stops compiling the code after a couple of seconds and says "There are too many errors. Something must be terribly wrong". Do you have the same problem? I downloaded the source code from camstudio.org website.I think the problem is that it cant find a bunch of the files, even though they are in the right folder.
    Any help would be great!
    thanks,
    katz99
  • Sorry it took me so long to respond... (Stupid school.)

But, when compiling the source code, you need to make sure that both the DLL files are working in the background with the program. (Compiled basically). These are the mfc71.dll and the msvcr.dll file. Try it with that, and it should work. Good luck!
  • Hi,
    This is getting embarrassing on my part. I still cant get it to work. How am I supposed to have the dll files working in the background? Also, I keep getting errors that say
    C:\Documents and Settings\...\stdafx.h afxwin.h: No such file or directory.
    C:\Documents and Settings\...\stdafx.h afxwin.h: No such file or directory.
    and so on...
    Im pretty sure it is a problem with a Dev C++ setting which is linking the files wrong since stdafx is a pretty standard file with standard includes. Have you encountered this problem?
    Thanks,
    katz99
  • It seems as though that the .h execution files aren't in the right place. Make sure to designate the .h places in the program, if you have a question on how to do it, feel free to ask.
  • The reason why Dev-C++ can't find the files is because Dev-C++ doesn't have the MFC library which afxwin.h and a bunch of other files are part of. The MFC library, from my understanding, can only be installed with a full version of Visual Studio or some type of SDK. However, you said that you are able to compile CamStudio in Dev-C++ so I must be missing something...
    I really appreciate your help!
  • Because I'm really lazy, I stumbled upon the Visual Studio 2008 installation file, for the FREE Beta 2 of it. Go here, and then burn the file to DVD: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=B98A61BA-99B0-40B7-AB6E-5386A2B94217&displaylang=en
  • I am trying to get CamStudio compiling under Visual studio 2008. I was able to convert the 2005 solution to 2008 however I am seeing lots of errors. Anyone else try VS 2008?
    Thanks.
  • Hi

Same problem. We're using Visual Studio 2008 Professional SP1,
    and every compilation attempt returns dozens of errors.

Can't help yet though :-(
  • edited July 2010
    I guess this is bumping... But i'm having this problem too.

It can't find afx.h and afxwin.h
  • edited July 2010
    THEAnikan

AFAIK, the current source code requires at least Visual Studio Professional 2010 to compile (I believe) - not sure if that is the reason for the errors, but will point a coding colleague to this thread to see if he can shed any light on this.

Cheers

Nick :o)