This forum software has now been archived into static HTML page (i.e. it does not function as a working forum anymore, so you cannot login.)

In due course a new forum will be available to help support newer CamStudio versions.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Mouse Pointer in Wrong Location with Larger Display Settings

DCTDCT
edited October 2012 in Support
Hi all

I was wondering if anyone has had the same problem and might be able to shed any light?

I am trying to record video tutorials. Everything works fine, unless I try to increase the display size setting in windows. Then, the mouse pointer in the recorded videos is shown in the wrong place. With a display size of 150%, it looks like the the mouse pointer in the videos is only moving about 2/3 of the distance it actually moved when recording.

This appears to be a problem associated with hardware acceleration. I am using intel(R) HD Graphics 3000, and it won't let the hardware acceleration be adjusted. Disabling the driver fixes the mouse pointer problem, but then the display looks different (for example, there is no Windows Aero) - and the recordings are less polished.

I am using:
CamStudio v2.6
Windows 7 version 6.1 32 bit
Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000

Thanks!

BTW, this is my first post, and I want to thank you all for making CamStudio such a great tool!

Comments

• edited October 2012
    DCT,

By display size of 150%, do you mean the text size? I wonder why that would mess with the mouse? Must be something to do with the way the raster scans are being multiplied.

In regular text on Microsoft Windows operating systems, the text is rendered at 96dpi unless the setting is changed. In order to amplify those dimensions, it must do some kind of raster multiplication, I suppose. That could change the location of the mouse as far as CamStudio is concerned.

Alternatively, increase the text size by changing the screen resolution overall in the "Resolution" section - simply lower the number using the slider and everything will enlarge, and CamStudio will record correctly.

Terry