This forum software has now been archived into static HTML page (i.e. it does not function as a working forum anymore, so you cannot login.)

In due course a new forum will be available to help support newer CamStudio versions.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Annotation video doesn't show my webcam - Black screen in the box.

edited November 2013 in General Discussion
Hi folks, nice to meet you all.

1st of all I want to say thanks for sharing this amazing Software. It seems really cool, and I think will work for my needs. Not for a while because annotation video isn't working. My webcam is working properly, but when checking annotation video, it doesn't show my webcam, I just get a black screen in the annotation video box.

The webcam is a Phillips SPC530NC, which works ok with Vlounge that came with the camera or the latest update that is the Philips Cam Suite Control 2.0.15, but when selected the camera as default for video source or if I select by my selft, it doesn't work.

Does anybody know if the issue was already fixed and how to solve it?

Or is there some free software that just show the webcam as video annotation does (without frame, menus, and icons) to get to use with CamStudio?

Was a solution already found for it?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• First, I do know CamStudio is finicky about webcams. I have tried the Microsoft Lifecam Cinema and the older Logitech of a couple years ago, and neither of them worked. I didn't get any joy until I got a Logitech C920, so maybe current models of the Logitech webcams now work. But when they don't work, a black screen is all you'll ever get!

A frameless webcam window would be the best alternative. Let me know if you find a good one!

Terry