This forum software has now been archived into static HTML page (i.e. it does not function as a working forum anymore, so you cannot login.)

In due course a new forum will be available to help support newer CamStudio versions.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

No way to stop recording Screen flashing like crazy

I'm new to CamStudio. I tried to record my screen for the first time and when I was done I was trying to get the CamStudio window back on the screen so I could click the stop button. But there was no way to get the window back on the screen. For some reason it would not come back on the screen when I clicked on it's icon at the bottom of the screen. I tried minimizing all the other windows, but nothing was working. I had no way to stop the recording. I started pushing buttons on my keyboard, eventually my screen started going nuts flashing like crazy. There was nothing I could do to get it to stop flashing. I had to do a hard restart of my computer.

Could someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong. Why couldn't I get the Camstudio window back to stop my recording and why did it go nuts flashing like crazy?

Thanks

Comments

• That is something I explain in the welcome letter, as regards the flashing... if you close the taskbar item that says "flashing" with CamStudio running, boy oh boy -- it will flash a'plenty, as you discovered!!! That is a bug, of course...

The only way to stop the recording if you have it minimized is to do so from double-clicking the tray-icon next to the clock to bring up the program window and hitting the stop button -- or more ideally, by setting up a keyboard shortcut!

There is a preference to not allow it to minimize to the tray in the Options/Program Options area.

Some people can start and stop from a right-click on that little tray-icon from the menu that pops up, but that does not work for everyone. However, I have no answer for you as to why that is - it seems pretty random.

Terry