This forum software has now been archived into static HTML page (i.e. it does not function as a working forum anymore, so you cannot login.)

In due course a new forum will be available to help support newer CamStudio versions.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

CamStudio Recorder has stopped working

edited July 2016 in Support
If I have Select Screen checked under the Region menu, then click the record icon, as soon as I click any of my 3 displays to indicate the display I want to record, I get the following Windows error:

CamStudio Recorder has stopped working.

Tried reinstalling, rebooting, starting as administrator with no luck. Running latest Windows 10 64 bit with 3 30" Dell monitors and nvidia GTX 260 and 660. Any ideas?

Comments

• The only thing I seem to recall concerning that is that it only works with two screens, not with three. That is a vague memory, though. Can you verify whether it works with two screens enabled?
  • edited September 2016
    I had the same 3 monitors enabled last time I tried it earlier in the year and am fairly certain I used the Select Screen option and it worked just fine. Tried with just 2 screens enabled and got same error. Even though I already tried reinstalling it, I tried again and was pleasantly surprised that it is now working again.
  • That _is_ a pleasant surprise when that happens! If you find out what might have caused it to happen the first time, I'd sure like to hear about it! :-)