This forum software has now been archived into static HTML page (i.e. it does not function as a working forum anymore, so you cannot login.)

In due course a new forum will be available to help support newer CamStudio versions.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Is it possible to use DNxHD codec?

I'd like to edit the footage in a program called Hitfilm and the performance of editing is greatly improved by using a codec which doesn't compress very much. It would be nice to record in that format instead of having to transcode. Thanks.

Comments

• I don’t have an answer, but I think it’s an experiment worth trying. If the codec is properly registered, Cam should find it and be able to use it, but the issue is whether a viable video will be produced in the process. A few years back, using the same logic regarding intra-frame compression (only), I made numerous attempts to create a usable video with assorted MJPEG variations. The program recorded and processed with no problem, but failed to produce a video that could be opened in any video editor I have. Maybe it’s the AVI container limitation, but I don’t know. Anyway, logic says it should be a good fit, so if you can get it to work, I’d like to know how..... Ken
  • THX1138,

I'd certainly like to hear about this as well if you find a solution that works!

Terry