This forum software has now been archived into static HTML page (i.e. it does not function as a working forum anymore, so you cannot login.)

In due course a new forum will be available to help support newer CamStudio versions.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

No Audio when recording from web page.

edited November 2009 in Support
I am running CamStudio v.2.0 on a Win/XP Pro system with SP3. I can not get any sound to record with the video. CamStudio recognizes the sound device automatically (Realtek HD Audio Output). Sometimes, when I select the "record from speakers option, I get the "WaveoutGetSelectControl() Failed" message. Even if I don't get the message, I still get no audio from the recorded file. Windows Media Player, RealPlayer v10, and CamStudio will not play any audio from the recoded file. I have attempted to use the manual selection option, but it will not run beyond the second prompt. Is my sound device unsupported or are there other things I can try? Thanks

Comments

• In this link see the post by Woedge, it seems to have helped a number of people.

http://camstudio.org/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=33&page=1#Item_6
  • Thanks for the prompt reply, but Woedge's fix does not seem to follow for XP. I changed some settings in the Sounds and Audio Devices section to maximize the volume for all outputs and inputs, but that does not fix the problem. In addition, I have a new problem with CamStudio. When I start a recording, I get "Error Creating AVI File" error as well as the "WaveoutGetSelectControl()" message. I have uninstalled CamStudio and reinstalled it from the download .exe file with no changes. I like the way this program works, but without sound, it is not useful. Any further help will be appreciated. It's times like this that I wish I had a Linux system installed. Thanks,
  • I uninstalled CamStudio and deleted the download from the system. I downloaded CamStudio v2.0 again and installed it. I get the following error message when I start a record session. The specified device handler is invalid. In stop(0). That is followed by the Error Creating AVI File message. Tomorrow, I am going to try using the input device with an external microphone. Pictures at 11.
  • OK, I am about to give up. I changed the options to use the microphone input and plugged a professional mike into the front mike jack of the system. I get the same errors with this input as I did in yesterday's post. I also do not get the option to test the input device anymore. Can someone please help me understand what I may be doing wrong here? Thanks.
  • edited December 2009
    I found the controls for the RealTek hardware on my system and set the input to StereoMix. I reinstalled v2.0 of CamStudio and tried to record again. When I set CS to record from Audio Speakers and set the options for speakers, I get the Error Creating AVI File Message. I am trying to record with the variable region option as the video I want to record is buried in a web page. I now never get the flashing corner brackets after I release the mouse button. If I try to record using the microphone setting, I get the invalid device handler in stop(0) message and the AVI error message. I also do not get the flashing corner brackets with this set up. Do I need to download and install the v2.5 recorder module as described in the "Record audio from speakers restored (I hope) thread?
  • My apologies for being so thick on this. I went ahead and replaced the Recorder.exe file with the v2.5 version and copied the cximage.dll file into the Camstudio folder on my XP/Pro system. When I launched CS and selected the options, I see that the record options changed to using the input of the audio hardware. I still have the hardware set to stereo mix, so I attempted to record the video. I get the same error messages as before. I am not getting the wave out error. I then plugged a microphone into the system and the Realtek device handler sensed it and changed the input to the microphone. When I selected record from the CS menu bar and set the region with the mouse, I received the same two error messages as before.
  • Due to a time deadline, I installed a trial of Camtasia v6 and recorded the web video successfully. I am able to play the recorded .avi file with RealPlayer SP. I am still very interested in making CamStudio work on this system. If someone has any solutions, I'd be happy to try them. Please let me know. Thanks.