This forum software has now been archived into static HTML page (i.e. it does not function as a working forum anymore, so you cannot login.)

In due course a new forum will be available to help support newer CamStudio versions.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Corrupted playback

edited December 2009 in Support
Hiya all,

I have installed CamStudio, but am getting corrupted playback. (Installing the codec hasn't helped.)
Having no joy with 'Record to SWF' either.

I am getting corrupted video playback which jiggles around a lot on the screen.

Am using all the default settings. Any ideas?

Thanks,
James

Comments

• I'm not sure what you mean by corrupted playback. Usually corrupted means that the file can't be opened for playback at all. Maybe you mean something different.

My best guess about jiggly playback is compression artifacts. Try using a lossless codec such as Camstudio Lossless. You indicated that you installed the codec, are you sure that you selected it from the video options menu?

If this doesn't help, please be more descriptive about what you mean by jiggling playback or upload a video to the internet that shows exactly what the issue is.
  • I know this thread is old... but I think I am seeing the same.. see the 2 test AVIs here: http://sh.digitalvault.bt.com/invite/login?c=636861726c696573686177&i=1b29-1281693f5c6-gemini01&t=29192ee6a67867b8&r=mg&lang=en ... 'small' was recorded from a 'defined region' of the screen, 'test2_full' was full screen 1680 * 1050, using Camstudio2 on an XP Pro SP 3 (Dell Latitude D820 with NVIDIA Quadro NVS110 graphics..).

Video was streamed over the web (CISCO Webex source).

ADDITIONALLY, the AVI from full screen cannot be replayed other than Camstudio Movieplayer 2.x .... I get the same type of crash as reported here: http://forums.virtualdub.org/index.php?act=ST&f=2&t=15659&hl=msvidc32&s=67f4d939428fc17a9dbcd5562d46f47f

An out-of-bounds memory access (access violation) occurred in module 'msvidc32'...
    ...reading address 015B4000...
    ...while decompressing video frame 1 (VideoSource.cpp:1781)...
    ...while using input buffer at 015b0000-015b0059 (VideoSource.cpp:1780)...
    ...while using output buffer at 02be0000-03029403 (VideoSource.cpp:1779)...
    ...while running thread "Processing" (thread.cpp:152).

IF I change the video codec away from the default MS Video 1 to eg DiVX, it refuses to record and offers only the option to record with default compressor / codec...

UNFORTUNATELY... I have about a 1.5GByte AVI file recorded unknowingly from a probably 'once only' webinar event .. and I am trying to figure out how to extract useful info from it ...

QUESTION(S):

- is there some amazing application that can post-process this large AVI file to remove all the 'jitter' .. desired content is only the 10 - 20 different slides that were presented .. ideally with slide-to-slide transitions synhronized with the audio that seemed to record OK..

thanks & regards,
    Charlie..
  • Charlie, I probably couldn't help but was going to try but could not view what you uploaded.
  • Charlie

The link to your test videos shows nothing in the Vault folder.

Can you reupload?

Also, the quickest way to extract what you need out of the video would be to rip the audio from the AVI

WinFF, VirtualDub, SUPER and any other number of converters will be able to do this for you for free.

And then just take screenshots of the slides in the video or contact the webinar organizers to see if you
    can get a copy of the powerpoint presentation in JPG form.

Cheers

Nick :o)