This forum software has now been archived into static HTML page (i.e. it does not function as a working forum anymore, so you cannot login.)

In due course a new forum will be available to help support newer CamStudio versions.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

videos not saving

Hi,im testing the 2.0 version of Cam Studio and I have noticed that any long video I do, lets say 6-10 mins or longer when I hit the stop button it starts to compress the audio then after that says no video found, its like the avi dissapeared. Any thoughts on this?

im using this for some unreal 3 editor tutorials im working on.

Comments

• edited December 2007
    Hi gateway

You shouldn't be experiencing problems saving 6-10 minute videos.

The main reasons for this are normally:

1. Not enough hard disk space in the Temporary Directory for Recording

2. Exceeding the physical limit for an AVI file (4GB for FAT32 formatted drives - not sure about NTFS)

3. Insufficient permissions for Temporary Directory for Recording

First check Options > Program Options > Temporary Directory For Recording

Regardless of where the TD4R is set to, make sure there's enough diskspace and that you have sufficient access permissions for it. For example, if your XP profile is a User account and you're trying to save to somewhere that only Administrator, Power User or another user has access to.

A way to test this would be to create a folder in your 'My Documents' and use that as the TD4R

If you're still unable to save even smaller files (1 minute or less), then either you have very little space on the hard disk, you do not have user permissions to save to that location or the properties for the directory are set to "Read Only."

If you're able to save but not actually play the files, either there is an error with the video codec, or that it is incompatible with the media player software you are using (so try another one) or you do not have enough physical/virtual memory to open the video in your media player, so you might consider purchasing more memory.

HTH

Cheers

Nick :o)
  • Ok... you should be thankful for Nick.

Hi gateway

You shouldn't be experiencing problems saving 6-10 minute videos.

The main reasons for this are normally:

1. Not enough hard disk space in the Temporary Directory for Recording

2. Exceeding the physical limit for an AVI file (4GB for FAT32 formatted drives - not sure about NTFS)

3. Insufficient permissions for Temporary Directory for Recording

First check Options > Program Options > Temporary Directory For Recording

Regardless of where the TD4R is set to, make sure there's enough diskspace and that you have sufficient access permissions for it. For example, if your XP profile is a User account and you're trying to save to somewhere that only Administrator, Power User or another user has access to.

A way to test this would be to create a folder in your 'My Documents' and use that as the TD4R

If you're still unable to save even smaller files (1 minute or less), then either you have very little space on the hard disk, you do not have user permissions to save to that location or the properties for the directory are set to "Read Only."

If you're able to save but not actually play the files, either there is an error with the video codec, or that it is incompatible with the media player software you are using (so try another one) or you do not have enough physical/virtual memory to open the video in your media player, so you might consider purchasing more memory.

HTH

Cheers

Marc
    LOLZ
This discussion has been closed.