This forum software has now been archived into static HTML page (i.e. it does not function as a working forum anymore, so you cannot login.)

In due course a new forum will be available to help support newer CamStudio versions.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

No avi file

edited January 2010 in Support
For some reason, when I record a video and save it then try to find the file it's not there at all. I'm using windows vista. Can anyone help?

Comments

• Where are you saving it?

Are you seeing any errors?

Are you sure you are looking in the right place?

Do you have permission to save the file where you want to?

Please provide more information to get relevant help.
  • I'm saving it in camstudio. I'm not getting errors. It's not ANYWHERE at all. I'm on an administrator account so I should have access to everything.
  • if you're running CamStudio in XP Compatibility Mode in Vista it saves the AVI files to a different location by default.

C:\Users\[Your Profile Name]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Camstudio.

The AppData directory is normally hidden by default in Vista so to make it visible, you go to:

Start > Control Panel > Folder Options > select the 'View' tab >

then check the "show hidden files and folders" radio button.

Be careful, hidden files can't be moved/deleted by accident.

There's also a Compatibility Files button in the CamStudio installation folder in Program Files - click that and you should see the AVIs.

Or alternatively, in: Options > Program Options > Name of AVI

Change it to "Ask for file name" and save the AVI somewhere else.

HTH

Cheers

Nick :o)
  • thanks, i had this problem on vista and that was helpfull to find the avi file saved by camstudio.
  • there's no show hidden files and folders checkbox for me, what should I do now?
  • I also changed the place I saved it to a folder I made and then afterwards I couldn't find the folder either!