This forum software has now been archived into static HTML page (i.e. it does not function as a working forum anymore, so you cannot login.)

In due course a new forum will be available to help support newer CamStudio versions.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Decompressing lossless codec files

edited March 2010 in Support
So I've been trying to use the CamStudio Lossless Codec v1.4, and it produces some really high-quality output. The files are small, and I can play them in both the CamStudio player as well as Windows Media Player with no problem.

The problem I'm encountering is when I bring the videos into Pinnacle Studio 12 for editing. It seems that Pinnacle Studio doesn't know what to do with these files, since when I import them, all I get is the audio with no video, and even then it completely refuses to produce an output file of any sort. I'm assuming the problem is that Pinnacle Studio can't work with the compressed files or doesn't know how to decompress them. Does anyone know how I can decompress these files manually before bringing them into Pinnacle Studio, or how to get Pinnacle Studio to be able to work with the compressed files?