This forum software has now been archived into static HTML page (i.e. it does not function as a working forum anymore, so you cannot login.)

In due course a new forum will be available to help support newer CamStudio versions.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Videos are merging inbizarre and unholy ways :O

edited April 2010 in Support
Haven't seen this problem on here before. Doubt it can be solved in any way, but I'll post it anyway.

Now and again when I save a recording, the next time I log on to my PC the video file will be a blank thumbnail, and properties show 0 bytes. I assume it's data corruption of some kind, and take the rough with the smooth. Free software, after all.

Except now small, moving flashes of one video, with audio distortion that sounds like a cat clawing a chalkboard, are popping up randomly in other CS recordings. I've lost six videos this way, and I'm pretty much at a loose end.

Theories?

Comments

• I'm fast becoming a HUGE fan of VirtualDub. It might be worth running your file through VirtualDub -- maybe using Direct Stream Copy (select it under Video -- this mode is the default under Audio).