This forum software has now been archived into static HTML page (i.e. it does not function as a working forum anymore, so you cannot login.)

In due course a new forum will be available to help support newer CamStudio versions.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

recording in different formats

edited April 2010 in Support
when i record a video, it is recordingin 3 formats, avi, swf and there is a link to internet explorer. is there a way to record in only avi format? when i click the internet eplorer link of the video ceated, the video opens in internet explorer, does this mean that the video is published to the web?

Comments

• Yes there is. I'm afraid I don't have CS before me right now, and it is a long time since I've used it, so I cannot give specific instructions, but somewhere in the menus you'll find an option for recording to SWF. Remove the check mark from this option, and you'll get only the AVI.

The HTML-file does not mean that the video is published to the web. What happens is that when CS creates a SWF-file, it also creates an HTML-file, so that you can upload that and the SWF to your website, if you have one.
  • Hi Torbjorn,

thanks a mill, was just looking around the cs again and found that button out on the main cs screen, just clicked the swf button and it changed to avi and recorded in just avi as you said so thats great. Thank you