This forum software has now been archived into static HTML page (i.e. it does not function as a working forum anymore, so you cannot login.)

In due course a new forum will be available to help support newer CamStudio versions.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Didn't let audio compress

edited April 2010 in Support
OK so I been using camstudio for awhile, but when I recorded a video with sound I forgot to let the audio compress after I was done recording. Now when I try to play the video it says. "Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file." Then when I click "Web Help" it tells me "You've encountered error message C00D1199 while using Windows Media Player." What I wanna Know is if there is anyway I can play the video, I dont care if I get the sound just want the video.... PLEASE HELP, thanks for your time!!

Comments

• You might try running the file through VirtualDub using Direct Stream Copy (set it to this in video - audio is already set to this). Most likely if there's anything there, VirtualDub will pick it up and make a usable file. Using Direct Stream Copy is very fast, too.