This forum software has now been archived into static HTML page (i.e. it does not function as a working forum anymore, so you cannot login.)

In due course a new forum will be available to help support newer CamStudio versions.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

emailing camstudio recordings /file size

edited June 2010 in Support
I am attempting to record and email videos that run from 4mins -1 hr in length.The first 10min video recorded was roughly 256mb,156mb after running through 7zip.Is this file size correct or is there a way to reduce it further?I have 25mb limit with my email provider and have tried filemail.com to send also,but still seems slow.Thanks

Comments

• Depending on what it is you recorded, your best bet is to try and convert the AVI into another format that will provide better compression.

If you recorded yourself using your computer, a Powerpoint-style presentation or something else that doesn't have a lot of movement on-screen, try using CamStudio's SWF Producer to create an SWF file

If there's a lot of movement on screen or you recorded a game or video playing, download WinFF (www.winff.org - free) and convert the AVI into an FLV (Flash Video) file. It's the Website setting in the drop down menu in WinFF.

Then upload the FLV/SWF to one of the online filesharing sites (RapidShare.com, YouSendIt.com, etc.) and send the download link to your friend.

That way you're not bothered by any limits for email attachments.

HTH

Cheers

Nick :o)