This forum software has now been archived into static HTML page (i.e. it does not function as a working forum anymore, so you cannot login.)

In due course a new forum will be available to help support newer CamStudio versions.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Characters chopped at bottom when recorded file processed to SWF (or anything)

edited June 2010 in Support
I am new to CamStudio. I installed the 2.0 version and the SWF producer OK. It records files OK and plays them back OK and they look very clear (using 640x480).

However when I process to SWF, the bottom row of pixels is chopped off so that "E" looks like "F" and so on. So I tried using another program (SUPER) to reduce the file sizes a bit by converting to MPG4 or FLV etc. In every case I got the same result. That seems to mean that the original file is not good, and yet it plays back perfectly OK.

Any suggestions as to what to try next?

Comments

• I experimented some more, and when I used SUPER and made a divx file it gave good quality output, good compression, and didn't chop the bottom off characters. So problem solved for me as long as I don't use SWF producer.
  • Hi Ray

I haven't been able to replicate your issue, but I'm glad that you managed to get a result with DiVX.

As an alternative to SUPER, there's WinFF (www.winff.org - free) - if you ever get a chance to convert your AVI to an FLV with WinFF ('Websites' setting), I'd be interested in reading your results.

One thing I should ask, were you playing the SWF by clicking the related HTML file or were you viewing it in an app like:

SWIFF Player: http://www.globfx.com/products/swfplayer/ ??

Cheers

Nick :o)