This forum software has now been archived into static HTML page (i.e. it does not function as a working forum anymore, so you cannot login.)

In due course a new forum will be available to help support newer CamStudio versions.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

No sound and audio video files won't merge

edited July 2010 in Support
I have windows Vista SP2 and WMP 11. When I record in CAMStudio version 2 I cannot play back in WMP. The screen is blank. Also I have no sound. For sound card Device Manager only says "High Definition Audio Device" and it does not say what sort of card

Testing a music video on youtube I get "No wave device is installed that can record files in current format" and "unable to merge audio and video streams" says sound/video saved separately as avi and avi.wav. What is avi.wav?. How do i merge the audio and video files. I also get WaveoutGetSelectControl() failed at some stage .

I googled http://camstudio.org/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=33

When i try to "In CamStudio go to:Options > Audio Options For Microphone > Volume" I get "unable to detect audio input device you need soundcard with microphone input" My coputer is a vaio laptop VGN-NR11Z/S and has a mike input but i do not have a mike. Is is necessary to have a mike plugged into the laptop?

Irfanview will play back the video

It says I should install a wave device in control panel /hardware. what is a wave device? Where do i get one?

Also can the save location of files be changed permanently? I prefer to have a CAM folder in my documents but keeps 'remembering' the CAM folder in Prog Files

Thanks for any help with this

PS Seem to have solved "No wave device is installed that can record files in current format by toggling record to flash/AVI. That be right?

Comments

• Hi Johnwrites

You need to run CamStudio in XP Compatibility mode ... are you doing that?

Cheers

Nick :o)