This forum software has now been archived into static HTML page (i.e. it does not function as a working forum anymore, so you cannot login.)

In due course a new forum will be available to help support newer CamStudio versions.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Paid Gig - Can someone do some customizing for me?

edited July 2010 in Support
I am on the board of a marketing competition where contestants will be required to document their marketing systems. We would like to use a branded version of CamStudio and would like to know if someone could make some changes for us, which we would be glad to pay for?

Please reply here if you'd be available immediately to make these tweaks. (small things, mostly branding the app)

Ken Walker

Comments

• The app is Open Source and protected against this type of attribution thievery by the GPL.

Your request is denied.
  • DarKMasy, you really need to read up on the GPL, because it was written specifically to allow exactly this. Stallman himself, the founder of the GPL, branded and sold the software he coded which was licensed under the GPL.

To KennyD, I don't know enough about C++ to help you out myself, but if you find someone who does, there are a few caveats in doing this. If you want someone to modify CamStudio, you have to distribute the modified source code along with the custom version of CamStudio under the terms of the GPL. You don't necessarily have to package the code and program together, but you have to at least make the code available to anyone you distribute the program to, either publicly or by request at no additional charge (as long as you distribute a version of CamStudio anyways). You'd also have to include a copy of the GPL along with a statement or disclaimer noting that the program uses source code taken from CamStudio. A lot of GPL'd programs have the license and other disclaimers packed into the installer (in those "click I agree to install" notices).