This forum software has now been archived into static HTML page (i.e. it does not function as a working forum anymore, so you cannot login.)

In due course a new forum will be available to help support newer CamStudio versions.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

different codecs not showing

edited July 2010 in Support
I'm trying to get a better compressor for video like h.264 I followed the link in the FAQ's installing ffdshow. I also followed from a different post adding in a free codec for I think x.264 but when looking at camstudio I never see additional compressors listed.

using camstudio version 2.0
Windows 7 x64

Please help would like to get this added into camstudio to make smaller video files instead of having to run them through moviemaker all the time to compress them.

Comments

• @lawson23

I believe someone posted a registry fix for the particular problem somewhere on the forum.

UPDATE: I did a search on the forum and found the info:

http://camstudio.org/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=310&page=1#Item_8

Try that.

Cheers

Nick :o)
  • Ok this got me the camstudio lossless codec 1.4 to show but not anything else that I would like to get from ffdshow like the h.264 codec.
  • Try Ptolemaios solution here:

http://camstudio.org/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=417

Cheers

Nick :o)
  • I am having this problem too.

I cannot get the Huffyuv codec to show in Camstudio.

Thanks
  • Keep in mind, of course, that the codecs will only appear in the list that your display settings qualify you for.

So, if it is a codec requiring 32-bit screen depth (like divX), it won't appear if you have your colors set to 16-bit.

Some screen resolutions will not work with certain codecs either.

Let us know what your settings are for color, screen resolution, etc.

Terry
  • nickthegeek,
    I wanted to note that I do not have a import problem into Movie Maker. I'm trying to use a better codec so I don't have to aways import into movie maker and then reduce file size by removing quality.

So not sure this article pertains to what I'm experiencing. If it does still please advise and I will proceed.

Couple of other notes.
    running a 32 bit color resolution
    the codecs I do see listed are:
    Microsoft Video 1
    Intel IYUV codec V2.00.0.00
    Logitech Video (I420)
    Cinepak Codec by Radius v1.10.0.11
    CamStudio Lossless Codec v1.4 ----- This was newly added with the first fix.
  • edited July 2010
    Lawson,

What Nick means is try downloading the links in the post

http://camstudio.org/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=417&page=1#Item_0

Those downloads are Vista codec packs and come with codecs such as ffdshow, Xvid, etc.
  • Ok I now have:
    Microsoft Video 1
    Intel IYUV codec V2.00.0.00
    Logitech Video (I420)
    Cinepak Codec by Radius v1.10.0.11
    CamStudio Lossless Codec v1.4
    Xvid MPEG-4 Codec
    ffdshow Video Codec

Is the ffdshow codec the h.264 codec I'm looking for?
  • Lawson23,

Both Xvid and ffdshow have h.264 codecs. So, success so far!

Terry