This forum software has now been archived into static HTML page (i.e. it does not function as a working forum anymore, so you cannot login.)

In due course a new forum will be available to help support newer CamStudio versions.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Black Screen Using CamstudiO 2.0 onto VISTA wiTh Webcam UVC 1.7.222.1009L

edited August 2010 in Support
Hello,

I'm new on this forum. Maybe my topic has already been discussed. According to what i've seen it is not possible to change acceleration onto Vista . I've checked compatibilty on record.exe but my Webcam still not working (black screen too). Fimd below the drivers on my PC Toshiba and i need your assistance.

Toshiba
CPU Intel Core 2 Duo T6400 @ 2.00GHZ
Mother Board Satellite A350 intel mobile 45 express
Video card ATI mobility radeon HD 370
Sound card ATI HDMI Audio
Ethernet Realtek RTl8139/810x PCIE
Cpu Clock 2000 MHz
Memory size 3Gb
O/S Windows vista premium Sp1 32 bit
Webcam incorporated UVC 1.7.222.1009l

Many thanks in advance

Comments

• edited August 2010
    RCIAN1957,

I've never been able to get a webcam to work with Camstudio, so don't feel alone! (On Win XP-Pro, with easy access to the "acceleration" slider!)

Keep in mind that the primary purpose of this software is to record screen captures with live audio as an additional possibility. The webcam routines were written back in 2002, so I'm not surprised a bit that they might not work with modern webcams (especially with the new 16:9 aspect ratios and uber-high HD resolutions!)

I've failed with an early Creative Labs "Live!" webcam, the Eyeball One, and Microsoft's Lifecam Cinema cams equally well.

If you find a solution, I'd love to hear about it! :-)

Terry
  • @RCIAN1957

Because Aero in Vista and Windows 7 requires complete access to the screen, you aren't able to disable hardware acceleration to record videos playing in their own players, like Windows Mediaplayer, Quicktime, etc.

Instead, in the Compatibility tab (right-click Recorder.exe > Properties) you have to also select:

Disable visual themes and
    Disable desktop composition

That should do it.

HTH

Cheers

Nick :o)