This forum software has now been archived into static HTML page (i.e. it does not function as a working forum anymore, so you cannot login.)

In due course a new forum will be available to help support newer CamStudio versions.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

The SWF format SUCKS!

edited August 2010 in Support
Here is WHY it sucks so much!

Once I'm done recording the video, it takes FOREVER to convert it to SWF!

I can't stop it! I can't tell it to keep it AVI, like it USED to do!

This wouldn't be so much of a problem if it converted instantly, or if it didn't HAVE to convert at all. If it started out in SWF format, then fine.

But, it doesn't. From what I understand, it USED to be in AVI format, and that was just fine! It worked just fine!

But, this SWF bullcrap is just HORRIBLE!

Comments

• edited August 2010
    stebbinsd,

Did you click on the little icon to switch back to recording in AVI format only?

(Farthest one on the right with the SWF emblem on it)

Click it till the text in the box on the right side beneath it says "Record to AVI" - that'll return you to regular recording. You can run the SWF converter on the AVI file later on to try it again in a more controlled setting.

Terry
  • Why can't it be converted into MWV? That's the format I need to upload to Youtube.

Automatic conversion to MWV, rather than SWF, would be fantastic. I'd even be willing to wait a few hours for it to convert, if it saved me the trouble of having to manually convert it... and also the annoying f***ing watermark that most free video converters give me!
  • edited August 2010
    stebbinsd,

Why do you believe you need to be in WMV format for YouTube (Windows Media Video)?

YouTube accepts AVI with most codecs we have just fine (including Camstudio Lossless).

BTW - if you load a video into Windows Movie Maker, it always saves as WMV format, if you really want to have it.

Also, VirtualDub will convert to many formats, as will Any Video Converter and others. If you just want to re-compress your video for faster uploading, then try them out as well!

Terry
  • edited August 2010
    iwisoft is free and will convert FROM and TO many formats without a watermark. It will also combine videos but without transitions.