This forum software has now been archived into static HTML page (i.e. it does not function as a working forum anymore, so you cannot login.)

In due course a new forum will be available to help support newer CamStudio versions.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Probleme with audio compression

edited September 2010 in Support
Hello !

Sorry for my bad english, but i'm french and i have problem with Camstudio.

I have configured the video codec, Ok, i configure the audio codec :
Recording Format : 44.1 kHz, mono, 16-bit
Compressed Format : Lame MP3, 22050 Hz, Mono 4000 Bytes/sec

I press ok, i launch the capture, i stop the capture and when i look the audio codec of the output file, it's always "PCM 44100 Hz, stereo"

I've tryed to change all the values, but the result is always the same, output audio is PCM 44100 no compressed.

I hope you understand me and you can help me, it's for big french community project (movie tutorials).

PS : i'm using Camstudio 2.0 (new beta version crash after recording after 15 minutes)

Thank you very much !

Comments

• edited September 2010
    lossius30,

It sounds to me like you have the check box checked in the audio options where it says "Use MCI for Recording". That forces CamStudio to bypass the settings you have made and instead uses the system settings (recording identically to how the Windows recorder does, in PCM 44100 as you saw).

Uncheck that box to get your settings, but you might also experience some lagging and desyncing of video and audio. It is a better plan to record with the "Use MCI for Recording" checked and then compress your audio later using VirtualDub or AnyVideoConverter afterward.

There are many threads near by and in the "sticky" areas that go into depth on using VirtualDub. But here is a short synopsis:

Download VirtualDub (Free)

Open up the AVI file in VirtualDub you recorded previously. Under Audio/Compression, convert the audio stream to mp3 (lame)

Click “Video”, “Frame Rate…”, and under “Source rate adjustment” choose “Change so video and audio durations match”.

Save the AVI (using “Video” > “Direct stream copy” mode),

Open it in CamStudio Producer, and convert to SWF.

(Thanks to Ben Ward and others)

However, if you do want to use CamStudio to compress your audio, settings that have reportedly worked for other folks are to have the audio options set to PCM at 22050khz 16bit mono with interleave set to every 100 milliseconds.

Terry
  • Okay, thank you for this answer !

Topic resolved :p
  • lossius30,

Excellent!

Terry