This forum software has now been archived into static HTML page (i.e. it does not function as a working forum anymore, so you cannot login.)

In due course a new forum will be available to help support newer CamStudio versions.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

How to embed annotations in a video I record (without having a webcam)?

lplp
edited September 2010 in Support
Hi,

I'm trying to use CamStudoi in order to create a professional video. How can I embed the annotations inside the video after I recorded it?

I saw in the documentation that I need a webcam for video annotations. Why do I need a webcam? If I don't have one, is there any work around? After all, I recorded the video using CamStudio, and not a WebCam..

Regards

Comments

• edited September 2010
    lp,

The Video annotations feature allows a picture-in-picture display of your talking head to be placed in a corner of the screen while recording (when it works... many systems and their webcams do not work at all).

The text annotations feature in CamStudio is designed for adding text annotations during recording only. CamStudio is not an editor.

You can add annotations after recording using Windows Movie Maker, which comes free with Windows. Also, if you upload to YouTube, you can use their annotations editor. The resulting video can be then downloaded including the annotations, I believe.

Terry