This forum software has now been archived into static HTML page (i.e. it does not function as a working forum anymore, so you cannot login.)

In due course a new forum will be available to help support newer CamStudio versions.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Can't Save Settings Workaround

edited November 2010 in Support
I'm using CamStudio 2.0 in Win7 64. Although I have "Save settings on exit," I periodically lose some or all of my settings. (It varies.) There was a post about fixing this problem in the 2.5 Beta by replacing a comma with a period in the CamStudio.ini file. See exerpt below. However, in my ver2.0, there is no comma problem in CamStudio.ini. I haven't found any reference to how to correct this problem in ver 2.0. If anyone can advise me, that would be much appreciated. Thanks.

DocPit
Then, I compared that "CamStudio.ini" with the original from "CamStudio.2.5.b1.bin.zip" and found the culprit: for some reason, when CamStudio exits and saves this file, it changes the first line from this:

[ CamStudio Settings ver2.50 -- Please do not edit ]

to this

[ CamStudio Settings ver2,50 -- Please do not edit ]

It writes a comma (between numbers 2 and 5) where a dot should be. And the bug only seems to be triggered by entering in "Options -> Video options". It doesn't matter if you then change a setting and press OK or if you just Cancel without changing anything.

If I open "CamStudio.ini", change the comma for a dot, save the file and then open CamStudio, now "my" settings are there, instead of the deafaults.

Comments

• DocPit

Thanks for discovering that glitch, I'll speak with Jan to see if that has been fixed in the 2.6 releases.

Cheers

Nick :o)
  • AFAIK we are not using .ini anymore as I cut it out in favor of libconfig.
  • edited December 2010
    So in the latest build of version 2.6, does all settings are saved in one file, instead of 2? Cos I still find the .ini files even with the latest version available.