This forum software has now been archived into static HTML page (i.e. it does not function as a working forum anymore, so you cannot login.)

In due course a new forum will be available to help support newer CamStudio versions.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Using CamStudio to publish on Vuze

edited July 2008 in Announcements
What codec/video editor combination can I use with CamStudio so that I can capture in high quality add titles and upload to Vuze?

I tried Microsoft Video1->MovieMaker but even at 100 percent quality is still poor.

I tried CamStudio lossless codec then edited in Movie Maker though capture quality seems good it loses quality once export from Movie Maker even with highest export settings.

I tried DivX codec then edited in MovieMaker though again capture quality is good it loses quality once export from Movie Maker even at highest export setting.

I tried DivX codec then edited in AdobePremiere... the export from AP shakes like it is cold.
The DIVX codec settings I am using in CamStudio are ones I got from this YouTube help video...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qmKnBR8t6I&feature=related

How to Setup/Configure Camstudio 2.0

Key frames every 30 frames

Capture frames every 50 millicec
Playback rate 20/frames/sec

If I could just upload the intial capture using the DivX codec to Vuze it would be good quality but I am having trouble with the quality staying good once I edit the video using Movie Maker or Adobe Premiere.

Thanks!

Bob

Comments

• I would capture in a lossless codec like MSU's or the Camstudio Lossless codec, and with a resolution and framerate that matches the output file. From my limited experience, Moviemaker doesn't do a good job scaling video or images, so don't let it do that ...

For example, if you wan't to export from Moviemaker a file in 1280x720, with 25 fps, set up CS to these same settings: Record an area of 1280x720, capture frames every 40 ms, playback rate of 25fps. Keyframerate, I'm not sure about.

It did a couple of small tests, and got good looking video at 1280x720.