This forum software has now been archived into static HTML page (i.e. it does not function as a working forum anymore, so you cannot login.)

In due course a new forum will be available to help support newer CamStudio versions.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Changes for mandatory profiles or change settings for all users.

edited November 2010 in Support
We have a teacher who would like to use CamStudio more often than she is using it. However, there are extra settings that she would like to have set for students so they do not have to change this every time. Are the settings based on user profile? Is there a way to make certain options default? She is looking to change a few different options like:

1. Temp Directory changed to M drive (this is a separate partition on the computers)
2. Record audio from speakers
3. Auto file naming set.
4. Change the region size to set the region as opposed to the fixed region.

If there is a way to make these settings default system wide that would be great. If it is per profile, our students use a mandatory profile and somehow this would have to be set there for them.

thanks

Comments

• All configuration options are global. They are not user specific.

1. As of r294, Jan fixed user specified directory issue
    2. I haven't ever used it, but AFAIK it should work. Some audio parameters (like 22 kHz mono always resets to 44.1 kHz stereo) are not respected in earlier versions.
    3. This is an option and should be remembered. At least it works for me.
    4. I don't get it.

It would be nice if you could provide us with the revision you are using.