This forum software has now been archived into static HTML page (i.e. it does not function as a working forum anymore, so you cannot login.)

In due course a new forum will be available to help support newer CamStudio versions.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Build Error

When I try to build Camstudio, I get this;
17>f:\camstudio\trunk\camstudio\recorder\stdafx.h(46) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'libconfig.h++': No such file or directory
How can I build Camstudio? Using Visual Studio 2008 with SP1.

Comments

• http://camstudio.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/camstudio/trunk/CamStudio/ReadMe.txt?revision=302&view=markup
  • I assume that you can not always use latest release. Would suggest that we add a few lines which version/release one should use.
  • Finally have a success in building the program.
    I copied the libconfig++.lib, libconfig.lib, and libconfig.h++ to the recorder directery and it works.
    To run the binary, you need libconfig++.dll and libconfig.dll.
  • @Jan

I'd suggest to rely on tags in svn. Whoever wants to experiment is free to use trunk, otherwise reasonably named tags would help.

@supanut

Something is quite wrong. Check settings, .h++ and .lib should be in their own folder. Did you change anything in build configuration?
  • edited December 2010
    Nope, I just build it and it works.
    Also when I build the program, why Visual Studio didn't build Player, Player+, and Producer? At the end of the log it says "3 skips". Same when I add the MSI installer project to Camstudio.
  • hi,supanut, i got the same error when i run a program downloaded form the internet, now i use the method you gave and it works well, but the important thing is i should configrate the linker: the include directory and the library directory. thank you for your method.