This forum software has now been archived into static HTML page (i.e. it does not function as a working forum anymore, so you cannot login.)

In due course a new forum will be available to help support newer CamStudio versions.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Unable to detect Webcam or Video Source

edited February 2011 in Announcements
I am using the Version 2.6 Beta, and am trying to add video annotations. However, CamStudio will not detect my webcam. I tried this with Version 2.0 also, but it didn't detect it either. My webcam works fine normally, but CamStudio just won't detect it.

I am running Windows 7 Home Premium with on a Lenovo laptop with its built-in Easy Camera. I tried reinstalling the driver but it had no effect.

Comments

• Frankly, I've never seen anyone who reported getting video annotations to work. They never worked for me, on three computers, using a Creative Labs webcam, a Logitech one, a Blue Eyeball, and the Microsoft Lifecam Cinema. All the cams work fine normally, just not with CamStudio.

So, I guess what I'm saying is... you're not alone!

Has anyone gotten this feature to work? If so, with what webcam and what computer? How did you do it???

Terry