This forum software has now been archived into static HTML page (i.e. it does not function as a working forum anymore, so you cannot login.)

In due course a new forum will be available to help support newer CamStudio versions.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

CamStudio & Pinnacle Studio HD

edited March 2011 in Support
I've been having an odd problem with my recordings. When I record, they will play fine on Windows Media Player, though not always on the CamStudio player. Though when ever I try to edit the file on Pinnacle STudio HD, the file has issues. For example, when I try playing the file on PS HD, only about 2 seconds of video will play, and then the video will continue to be still ( as if a screen shot) till the video is done running it's alloted time.

I've tried every compression codec available, though not all work with CamStudio, and none of them will work with PS HD. I was wondering if it was PS HD, so I tried recording via Procaster and downloaded my streamed video, that worked flawlessly. Though the visuals are not what I want, that was why I hoped that I could get CamStudio to work.

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions, please let me know.

So far, the only thing I can think that is wrong is the Compression codecs.

Comments

• edited March 2011
    BWO Bookworm,

You're saying that even Microsoft Video One will not work? That is indeed strange! What other settings do you have going on? And I'm guessing this is CamStudio 2.0, correct?

Did you get codecs from the K-Lite Codec Pack, Full or Mega versions, by any chance?

Have you tried Lagarith Lossless, XviD or DivX yet?

This is interesting - I'd love to get to the bottom of this!

Ahhh, wait a minute - this could be all about the region size that you are recording. Some codecs require multiples of 2 or 4 for height and width, and 32-bit color depth. Does Pinnacle Studio HD use a particular codec for most operations? Try 856X480 or 1280X720 to start.

Terry
  • edited March 2011
    The only version I have tried to so far is the 2.0 version. and I have not used any other codecs besides the ones with the 2.0 download, I 'll try downloading the Losselss codec and see if that works.

No Microsoft Video One does not work either.
    As for DivX, I've tried using it, but I get this message "Error recording AVI file using current compressor. Use default compressor. Xvid is giving me the same results as all the others.

As for the region size, I am using full screen and that is what I need. I've tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it because it thought it might have been because I tweaked settings. However, upon re-installment, my settings are not reset to default. I removed the "save settings from exit", still getting the same errors.

I am running on Windows 7 Enterprise - 32 bit

As for Pinnacle Studio the only settings I've tried 1280x720/25 & /30 and among with a few others, I'm still having the same result, I get about 3 seconds of movement, and then it goes as a still screen.

My screen size is 1280x800, I'm not sure if that is an issue though.

I've reinstalled PS HD 14, but that didn't help.

I'll continue messing with it to see if anything works.