This forum software has now been archived into static HTML page (i.e. it does not function as a working forum anymore, so you cannot login.)

In due course a new forum will be available to help support newer CamStudio versions.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Sound not working/being recorded? Also, I can't find my videos in their CamStudio folder.

edited April 2011 in Support
Okay, well I'm trying to record videos of a game called Minecraft (you may or may not play/heard of it) and whenever I try to record, the sound never works and isn't recorded. When I have a microphone, that usually works and gets recorded, but not the game sound. It's just a silent video.

Also, just another problem I'm having is when I try to go to the CamStudio file (in C:/Program Files/CamStudio) I never see the videos there. Any reason why? I do have a backdoor way to get them, but it's kinda complicated.

Comments

• senki,

Did you take a look at the videos for setting up Stereo Mix? And if you cannot see Stereo Mix from those directions, do you own a Dell or VIA audio chip set? Rob25 just jumped through a bunch of hoops yet finally got it going - see the "wave out error" post here.

I always change the default temp folder, and ask Camstudio to "ask for location to save" in the Program Options settings.

To record most games, you'll have to use high-motion capable codecs, like XviD, DivX or Lagarith Lossless (the easiest set up is Lagarith).

Watch the videos in this "how to" series playlist to learn most of the important things about using CamStudio... but I need to make an addition that focuses upon audio. Still, the two on Stereo Mix will be most helpful to you.

What is your operating system? Keep me posted as to what is working for you and what isn't, please! :-)

Terry