This forum software has now been archived into static HTML page (i.e. it does not function as a working forum anymore, so you cannot login.)

In due course a new forum will be available to help support newer CamStudio versions.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

CamStudio Sound/Video sync/lag Problem

edited June 2011 in Support
I cannot really describe what the problem is, but I have recorded evidence of it. I have a youtube video of the problem using my mike. Please help by watching this video and telkling me how I can fix the problem. The best way I could describe it is that the sound is faster than the visual. So say I fire a gun in a video game, you hear that 5-10 seconds before you see that I fired a gun. Here's the link to the video:

I was supposed to be talking the entire video, but instead, I'm only talking for less than half of it because the sound is somehow speeded up.

Comments

• IronMaiden,

Even with a fast processor, you are getting very, very poor capture rates when attempting to capture full screen (1440X900) - it is reading only 3.57 fps (frames per second) - 10fps is the minimum acceptable.

Do not use MS Video 1. It is good for some things, but not for most things! Use Xvid.

http://screencasttutorial.org/53/jawors-xvid-my-newest-codec-of-choice-for-games-webinars-or-tutorials-453

32-bit versions for recording only, please!

In your audio settings "audio options for microphone" check "Use MCI to Record" for good sync. Sounds like you tried to use AC3 or something - I've had no luck with that.

Read the other articles at my site, and watch the videos in the playlist mentioned there.

Terry