This forum software has now been archived into static HTML page (i.e. it does not function as a working forum anymore, so you cannot login.)

In due course a new forum will be available to help support newer CamStudio versions.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Suddenly only V2.0 works at all! [Edit: I suspect it is from installing DivX.]

edited July 2011 in Support
I don't believe this is happening to me of all people... I've been such a saint and all... it just isn't fair...

Suddenly only V2.0 works at all! All the 2.6 versions only capture a still-frame (the first frame) if they capture anything at all. This is true having tried all codecs. Audio doesn't record either. I've re-installed CamStudio 2.6 and re-started Windows (Win7 64-bit) to no avail.

BUT - and this is the craziest part - CamStudio Version 2.0 works with Xvid or DivX. Audio included. I don't understand... HELP!!!!

This would happen to me when I was already two days behind schedule with a bunch of training videos I'm supposed to get out. Set me back 2 hours to finally try V2.0 (wish I had just tried that first!)

Any ideas, mates?

Terry

Comments

• I just remembered that I had taken advantage of the Divx summer sale, getting the pro version at 1/2 price and installed that this week. I uninstalled it and the other components that came with it, and suddenly I can record again. So, I have to suspect that Divx is what was causing the problem (though the video driver update to my NVidia GeForce 8400 card that was force-fed may have also been a contributor, but rolling that driver back by itself did not fix the issue. Windows forced the install of the newer ones when it enabled my second monitor and took away my rollback capability, so now all I can do is blame DivX.)

What a world!

Terry
  • Happy for you.
  • I've just verified that the Divx codec is causing CamStudio to freeze. I don't know why I got it at all but pro was on sale... perhaps a future update will work and I'll be able to get my money's worth.

This is a Win7 64-bit Professional operating system. If anyone else could test whether their installation of 2.6 is having issues with Divx I'd like to hear about that so I can report to Divx that there are multiple users having these issues.

Terry