This forum software has now been archived into static HTML page (i.e. it does not function as a working forum anymore, so you cannot login.)

In due course a new forum will be available to help support newer CamStudio versions.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Jittery DVD - bad sync

edited August 2011 in Support
Hello - I'm new here - starting in like everybody else by asking questions.
I'm using CamStudio to record music scores which change pages as the music advances and with a cursor which shows which notes are being played or sung. The idea is to make practice DVD's for my choir members which they can follow on their TV sets - their voice is louder than the others and they see the notes and the words on screen as they sing along.
Trouble is my first results are not good - the lines of the music jump around and the cursor lags behind the notes being played.
I realize that music lines could be a problem on vidéo though the .avi file plays perfectly on my computer screen.
I had problems with the sound at first but I solved that thanks to posts on this site - thank you.
Any ideas as to how I can improve the video transfer to DVD to get round the "jitters" problem and any way to improve the synchonisation would be very welcome. (As you can see the sync is the opposite from what it is possible to change in the program - that makes the video lag behind even more)
Thanks in advance
Keith

Comments

• keithbraithwaite,

For audio/video to sync:

Make certain that the "Capture Frames Every" TIMES the "Playback Rate" sums to 1000. So, a setting of 50 - 20 would be good, or 40 - 25.

In Audio for Microphone settings, check "Use MCI to Record"

Compressor:

Xvid transfers to DVD rather well - it was made to be compatible with the largest number of DVD players.

Nothing should be jumping around, so I suspect it is the codec you are using. Which ones did you try and what were their settings?

Do not use CamStudio Lossless if your goal is to make DVDs - use Xvid like I said.

Watch all the free videos (see post up top)

Terry