This forum software has now been archived into static HTML page (i.e. it does not function as a working forum anymore, so you cannot login.)

In due course a new forum will be available to help support newer CamStudio versions.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

How can I integrated camstudio with lossless codec?

edited September 2011 in Support
I have downloaded camstudio.

And I have downloaded lossless codec (or I think I have).

But I don't know how to integrate them.

I saw a video on youtube that I go to video options and select "lossless codec" but in the drop down list doesn't appear lossless.

I have been looking all over the web and in this forum, but haven't found a discussion on this issue.

Probably I am using the incorrect words, but I don't know how to express it in other words.

Basically, I haven't been able to use camstudio.

Thank you

Comments

• bestleads,

See http://camstudio.org/forum/discussion/comment/3379#Comment_3379 for a link to the .exe installer, which has made the codec appear in the list again for many folks.

Google for Jawor's Xvid and get the 32-bit version for a really good codec that also works well with higher-motion than the CamStudio Lossless one was designed for.

Terry
  • edited November 2011
    tbritton,

Hey I have a question about the Jawor's Xvid. Whenever I use it, a big rectangle comes up to where it sometimes block what I'm trying to record. Is there an option I can choose so that doesn't come up? And also I just noticed when I play back, there's nothing but a black screen. Thanks.
  • theoneandonly09,

Yes, there is a button at the bottom of the Xvid configuration screen that brings up options. There you will find the option to show the activity screen (or whatever they call it...)

Terry