This forum software has now been archived into static HTML page (i.e. it does not function as a working forum anymore, so you cannot login.)

In due course a new forum will be available to help support newer CamStudio versions.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Problems using DivX codec with CamStudio 2.5 Beta 1

edited October 2008 in Support
Hi,

I have CamStudio 2.5 Beta 1, and it's always worked perfectly. I wanted to try out the DivX codec with it, so I downloaded and installed it and selected it from CamStudio's Compressor menu under Video Options. However, when I try to record (without sound) with it, I get an error message saying "Error recording AVI file using current compressor. Use default compressor?", and when I try with sound, I get additional messages saying "Cannot perform this operation while media data is still playing. Reset the device, or wait until the data is finished playing. Error in StopAudioRecording() (WaveinClose)" and "Audio buffers still in queue!" before the aforementioned message. Can anyone offer me any help?

P.S. The default Microsoft Video 1 compressor still works fine, so at least I can still use CamStudio!

Comments

• You're not the first to have this issue:
    http://camstudio.org/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=73

No solution to the problem there, but I have another suggestion:
    Check the settings for the codec, and see if it is set to 2-pass or 1-pass. It should be set to 1-pass, I don't think 2-pass will work.
  • edited February 2009
    I have a Solution.

believe it or not, the problem appears to be with the default profiles used by the codec it's self.

I have the PRO version of the divx bundle, and I've found that if you set the certification profile to 'unconstrained' it works fine, not sure if this is available on the free one tho...

at least it has so far.

let us know how you get on :)

hope this helps.

BM.
  • did anyone ever get an answer to this??????? It would be good to close some of these out if the problem has been solved! I've still had the same problem with divx not working so wonder if still close to a year out it still won't work!